...

Friday, March 16, 2012

China Glaze Capital Colours in Electrify, Mahogany Magic, Luxe and Lush, Riveting

Electrify, Mahogany Magic, Luxe and Lush, Riveting
The buzz for China Glaze's polish collection inspired by "The Hunger Games" has been building for a while now, so as soon as I heard the polishes were available at Sally's Beauty Supply I stopped by to check them out in person.  I kind of knew which ones would appeal to me based on nail blogger swatches online, but sometimes something grabs you in person.  These are the four that I purchased, knowing already that I wanted the mini-set available exclusively at Ulta for a few other coveted colors (specifically, Agro).  I'll show that set in a separate post.  I did not include a macro of Mahogany Magic as it is a creme and represents just as you see it above.

The polish names refer to what industry it's representative district is known for.  District 5 specialized in power, thus the gold and red glitter bomb that is Electrify. 


District 1 was known for supplying luxury goods to the Capital, and was one of the few well off districts.  Luxe and Lush is comprised of sharp edged mylar flecks in a clear base that shift color from yellow, peach, blue, and green. 

Riveting is a vibrant, in your face orange with gold flecks.  It's represents District 3, known for technologies such as electronics and explosives. 

Mahogany Magic (not shown in macro) refers to District 7's lumber industry and was my surprise purchase.  I love brown polishes and do not have a brown creme like this.  I think it will look good with my skin tone and envision Luxe and Lush looking lovely paired with it.  Have you purchased any of the Capital Colour polishes yet?  Any favorites?  My first NOTD from this collection will feature Riveting.

No comments:

Post a Comment