...

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Korres Pomegranate Mattifying Treatment

This will be the first in a series of reviews of the Korres products that I recently purchased.  Korres Pomegranate Mattifying Treatment is marketed as a lightweight face treatment that forms a breathable, oil absorbing film to mattify skin and refine the look of pores, and this sample sized tube was part of the Pomegranate Prescription Kit.  Key ingredients of the mattifying treatment are Pomegranate extract, Willow bark extract, and rice starch.  Instructions say to apply following your day cream, and I assumed you could also apply over a face primer as I don't believe this is designed to take the place of a primer.  It applies as a clear gel that dries down to a matte finish.

I've got extremely oily skin, so anything that could potentially reduce my oil slick is going to catch my eye.    I've tried a few other mattifying products, but nothing has worked well enough to justify repurchase, so I've still been on a quest.  Could this be it?

Sadly, no.  I so wanted to love this, but it proved to be an epic fail for me.  The downfall seems to be when you apply it with any other product, be it a moisturizer, a primer, or your foundation.  It pills terribly, which totally defeats the purpose, as you are essentially rubbing off the product.  After my first few tries with these results, I did some online searching to see if others experienced this (they did) and if there might be a solution.  Someone suggested applying over your foundation, so hope soared again and I tried that.  All that happened was that my foundation was dissolved and I still experienced pilling.  The only use I could see for this is if used over bare skin, as it doesn't pill up then.  That won't work for me though.  Does it mattify?  Not that I could tell, but since it rubbed off hard to say what its mattifying abilities are.

Pilling when applied over Korres Pomegranate face primer
Sad face.  Or should I say oily face, because that's still what I have:-(  My quest continues.








1 comment:

  1. glad that i found this review. i'm using some korres pomegranate products and loving them, so I was planning to order this. so gonna skip this now.

    ReplyDelete