...

Thursday, March 15, 2012

March Birchbox: Spring Training

This month, Birchbox sent out an email giving members the option to chose a Vogue Teen Birchbox instead of the regular one.  I decided to go with the regular one, and I'm not disappointed!  I've seen some posts of the Vogue Teen box and nothing wrong with it either, so I guess it would have been a win-win either way. 

With the exception of the Stila eye shadows, I have not tried any of the other products.  I like receiving products I'm not familiar with, the discovery aspect is quite fun.  This month also did not include any perfume samples, which was a plus.  Commercial perfumes by and large just aren't doing it for me anymore, although I guess I could be pleasantly surprised at some point.

Here are the items included in my box, along with the descriptions provided on the enclosed card:
Grandma Stelle's Refreshing Hand Soap:  This moisturizing hand wash has a winning citrus scent and leaves skin super soft.  I do like the scent, which is listed as verbana thyme on the bottle.

Traditions by Nick Chavez Yucca Root Shampooing Cream:  Hollywood stylists rave about the restorative abilities of this silky cleanser, which is made with fortifying wild yam and yucca root. 



Color Club Nail Lacquer in Lava Lamp:  Brighten nails with this on-trend neon orange polish.  This will make a great summer pedicure color!



Boscia Green Tea Blotting Linens:  These shin-busting sheets absorb oil with all-natural green tea extracts.  I love the ways the sheets come out, kind of like a kleenex box.  Plus, I need these, 'nuff said.

The Lifestyle Extra include in this month's box are Kusmi Tea Detox Tea, a detoxifying blend of mate, green tea, and lemongrass.  I drink tea during the day at work and look forward to trying these out.

stila Smoky Eye Card:  Take the guesswork out of matcing eye makeup with this mini-palette.





The value of this box was approximately $17.  I think it included a nice variety of items, all of which I will use. 



No comments:

Post a Comment