...

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Nail of the Day: Revlon Whimsical


Revlon Whimsical
This looked like spring in a bottle to me, quite appropriate given the murky rain this week that is punctuated by the bright azalea blooms Mobile is known for.  Revlon's Whimsical is a newer polish that is supposed to be a dupe for Deborah Lippmann's Glitter in the Air, which makes Whimsical's price of $4-5 quite appealing versus Glitter in the Air's price of $18.00.  However, I wasn't aware of that when it caught my eye, just that I thought it was pretty.




I've seen this polish described as a light blue gray, but mine looks more sea foam green to me.  Medium size teal and pink hexagon glitter, small silver hexagon glitter, and micro teal and blue glitter provide visual interest.  This is a sheer polish, so to get close to the color in the bottle I had to use 4 coats.  Even with four coats the glitter is not dense, so with fewer coats it may be hard to get even glitter distribution.  In the future, I'll layer this over a light aqua or a muted green.  I've got to say I like it better in the bottle than on me, as I'm not sure the color complements my skin tone.  Layering over a more vibrant color may solve that problem, however.




Revlon is currently 40% off at RiteAid, so I got this polish for $2.99.

No comments:

Post a Comment