...

Thursday, March 29, 2012

NOTD: China Glaze's Mahogany Magic with Luxe and Lush

Mahogany Magic
Mahogany Magic was the surprise purchase for me from the China Glaze Capital Colours collection.  I wasn't intending on getting it but once I saw this milk chocolate creaminess, I was drawn in.  I love the glossy finish and ended up wearing this for 3 days without the  top coat of Luxe and Lush, I liked it so much.  I know, unheard of for me.  Application was great and this was two coats.  After three days, I had some slight tip wear. 


















I had always envisioned this being the polish out of the Capital Colours collection that would look best with Luxe and Lush, and I do love the two together.  Luxe and Lush is jagged pieces of mylar that change color with the light.  I used two coats, and because it was a bit rough, topped with one coat each of Gelous and Seche Vite.  This smoothed things out for the most part, however there are a few stray pieces that are still making their presence known.  I've also got a few pieces that extended beyond the nail line and had to be filed down.  Just things to be aware of.

Mahogany Magic with Luxe and Lush


So far, I haven't been disappointed with any of the polishes I've worn from the Capital Colours collection!  I purchased these two at Sally's Beauty Supply for $5.99 each.


2 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I love the flakies on the brown background =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Luxe and Lush! You should try it with black or a really dark blue/purple. It stands out so much. I also loved the Hungry Games collection :)

    ReplyDelete