...

Sunday, May 6, 2012

OPI NYC Ballet Petites

My Pointe Exactly, Don't Touch My Tutu!, You Callin' Me a Lyre?, Care to Danse?, Pirouette My Whistle
I wasn't going to get this collection.  The swatches I'd seen online showed these as sheer and somewhat streaky, so I was going to pass.  But I did like the glitter and was going to pick it up until I saw that the mini collection contained it as well, so why not get that?  And then I saw You Callin' Me a Lyre? and didn't even realize it was part of the New York City Ballet collection and got it as well.  So now I have everything except Barre My Soul.  So much for not getting this collection.
Don't Touch My Tutu! with Pirouette My Whistle
So I did some more searching and a few bloggers said application was great with no streaking issues.  Clearly, I need to work on my technique, as the two I've tried thus far were streaky.  I'll work on it, because I do like these!  OPI did a great job in capturing the colors and feel of the ballet, IMO. 












Here is 3 coats of sheer milky white Don't Touch My Tutu! with 2 coats of the silver microglitter with pearl hexagon Pirouette My Whistle.  A minimum of 3 coats was necessary to build up the color enough for it to show.  I really do get the feel of a tulle tutu with sequins from this. 

Here is 3 coats of You Callin' Me a Lyre with one coat of Piroutte My Whistle.  Not as streaky, I think because I held the brush almost horizontal to my nail, lightly gliding it across.  Hard to tell the difference in color between the two, isn't it?  It's more apparent in real life, but these babies are subtle.
You Calling' Me a Lyre? with Pirouette My Whistle

No comments:

Post a Comment