...

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

June Birchbox: Jet Set

June Birchbox:  Jet Set
This month's Birchbox theme is Jet Set and features products to indulge your inner jetsetter.  I used to think I wanted to travel to exotic places as often as possible, but now I've become a bit of a homebody.  I have yearly work related conferences that have taken me to some pretty cool places, and that satisfies any urge I have to jump on a plane and go somewhere.  Doesn't mean I'm not excited about discovering some new beauty products that could hold up under travel or were imported from abroad, however!


First up is a full sized stila one step bronze, which retails for $36.  I've been looking a bit peaked lately and could use some color.  This supposedly serves as a bronzer, anti-aging serum, and primer all-in-one, so I'll try this under the BB cream I've been using.

Next is a sample sized Stainaic in Beauty Queen by the balm, regularly priced $17, sample worth about $1.80.    I love water based lip and cheek stains and this will be a perfect purse sized one.

I also got 2 packets of self-tanning towelettes by Comodynes Urban Cosmetics, which is a brand from Barcelona, Spain.  I will be using these pronto, as my legs need color too.  The value of these is about $3.75, as a packet of 8 sells for $14.99.

Another exciting (to me) item is the Pore Minimizing Mask by Masqueology, a South Korean brand.  I tried my first sheet mask facials recently (review tomorrow), and I like them.  It's an an easy, no mess way to do a facial which I found very refreshing.  Three masks sell for $24, so my sample is worth $8.

There were two lifestyle extras this month - the men's cologne sample and a fancy ziplock type bag to put carry on items in when you are flying.  The bag is a nice size and feels quite sturdy, plus has a pretty design on it.  I'm guessing the men's cologne is in honor of upcoming Father's Day, as well as a way for Birchbox to promote their men's version of Birchbox.
I'm a happy camper with this month's box, even if my jetsetting is limited to places I can get to and back home in a day!  The value of this box, not counting the lifestyle extras, is about $50.  It looks like Birchbox has teamed up with Glamour for a Five Senses July box.  I give Birchbox kudos for continuing to expand and for teaming up with the likes of Teen Vogue, Gossip Girl, and Glamour. 

Disclosure:  I subscribe to Birchbox, which is a $10/month beauty sample subscription box.   If you are interested in subscribing yourself, this is a referral link which gives me 50 Birchbox points after you subscribe and are a member for one month (Birchbox points can be used towards future purchases).  Or you can go to Birchbox and subscribe directly from their site. 

9 comments:

  1. I been wanting to try Stila's one step bronze...but chicken out because I think it's so expensive :/ let me know how you like it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a bit expensive! I'll definitely have an upcoming review on this.

      Delete
  2. Wow, your box is awesome! I would have loved to get the Stila bronzer in mine, bummer. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have really lucked out with Birchbox the past few months! I would love to know how the box designation process is determined.

      Delete
  3. GREAT box! really excited about the glamour box next month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the bronzer! What a deal, full size for $10!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wanted that bronzer SO BAD! I am scared to buy it and then hate it, so you need to let me know what you think of it. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got a review of the bronzer scheduled for June 22. The short version is - I like it!

      Delete