...

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Empties! Products I Used Up in July

I finally used up the John Frieda sheer blonde shampoo I've had for several years now.  Crazy, I know.  It took me that long because I would only use it every once in a while as a clarifying shampoo, as I'm trying to stay away from shampoos that use sulfates.  I also used up a Peter Thomas Roth Mega-Rich deluxe shampoo sample.  It didn't wow me, and it also contains sulfates.  Here's a little factoid for you:  if you stay at a Hilton, you can get one too.  Yes, PTR developed this line for Hilton.  I got mine as a gift with purchase.  I also used up a PTR Un-Wrinkle Night cream sample.  I'm currently using the whole Un-Wrinkle line and am still percolating on how I feel about it.  

On now to products I liked and would purchase again!  Eminence's Lime Stimulating Masque and Hungarian Herbal Mud Treatment are two of my favorites.  I like facial treatments that feel like they are doing something, and you can't help but notice these two.  They tingle and leave a rosy glow, probably due to ingredients like paprika and cinnamon.  Funny story - my mom was dog sitting for me one weekend and decided to try out some of my skincare stash.  She choose the Lime Stimulating masque and then got very concerned when her skin started tingling.  She took it off pronto because she wasn't sure what was happening.  It actually kind of burns, but it's a good burn:-)  I also finished up the Yam & Pumpkin Enzyme Peel, but I'm not sure I noticed enough difference with it to repurchase.  It smells good enough to eat though.

The LaLicious scrubs are nice but I don't think I'll get the two scents shown above again.  The Lily Mango is a bit too sweet and strong, and the Coconut Cream I associate with Hawaian Tropic.  I was pleasantly surprised that I liked the scent of the philosophy Amazing Grace shower gel sample, but I'm not a big of enough fan of philosophy shower gels to purchase. 

The boscia Detoxifying Black Cleanser is good, but I've found another charcoal based cleanser that I like better.  The Dr. Hauschka toner is worth another look, and I'm currently using up another sample of it that I received.  I enjoy using the Biore nose strips, mainly because I'm fascinated by what they pull out of my skin.  However, I'm not sure that they really help long term, so doubt I will repurchase unless I find a good sale. 

Disclosure:  I purchased all of these. 

2 comments:

  1. You know you're incredibly impressive for using up anything! There's a reason why you're good at this kind of blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, thanks! I've gotten more focused on using up things because I'm accumulating way too much.

      Good to see you:-)

      Delete