...

Saturday, August 25, 2012

ULTA Lip Crayons & Infallible 8 HR Glosses - The Sale I Couldn't Pass Up

Charmer, Tangelo
I browse the sales at both ULTA and Sephora on a regular basis, as you never know what you might find.  In July, ULTA had selected shades of their lip crayons on sale for $2.99 and a BOGO free sale.  In general I haven't been impressed with Ulta's house brand, but at that price I figured why not?  Also on sale were selected shades of L'Oreal Infallible glosses.  Again, not something I was seeking but at $2.49 each with a buy 2 get 1 free offer, I loaded up my cart.  What I didn't realize was how well the glosses would complement the lip crayons.  I lucked out!

Charmer

The two ULTA lip crayons I got are Tangelo and Charmer.  Both are shimmers that border on frost, but not in a bad way.  The formula is not hydrating but did not make my lips feel dry and wore fairly comfortably.  These are not twist up so will require sharpening.  Tangelo applies somewhat patchy, Charmer a bit better.  Wear time is a few hours at best, but that's about average for me. 
Tangelo

The three L'Oreal Infallible shades I got are Suede, Bloom, and Pink Topaz.  My tubes say 8 HR on them and there is also a 6 HR version, which is currently what ULTA has in stock.  I'm guessing the 8 HR version has been phased out, but Suede and Bloom are available in the 6 HR version for $2.49 each. 

Suede, Bloom, Pink Topaz
Nothing wears more than 4 hours on me, but these are long wearing glosses.  They are sticky, but they are a dryer sticky, if that makes any sense.  I typically don't care for super sticky glosses but these do not bother me for some reason.  Color me pleasantly surprised by these, as I wasn't expecting to like them.

Suede, Tangelo
Suede gives some glimmer but not much color and coordinates really well with Tangelo.  Tangelo provides the color and Suede the staying power, so it's a good combo!
Bloom is a bit more pigmented and provides shimmer, which complements Charmer quite nicely.  I'm really pleased that ULTA coordinated their sale shades amongst different brands so well ;-)
Charmer, Bloom

I haven't worn Pink Topaz yet, but it's a vibrant fuschia pink with shimmer.  I'm not seeing it on ULTA anymore, however all of the other shades reviewed are (and still on sale). 
Pink Topaz
For the whopping price of about $1.60 each, these were quite the steal!  Even better, I like them and have been reaching for them regularly.  Sometimes stalking browsing sales pays off!

Disclosure:  I purchased these.

2 comments:

  1. I have been wondering about those Infallible glosses, they look awesome! And what a steal for $1.60 a piece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost bought some more Infallible glosses on sale but restrained myself. They really are nice!

    ReplyDelete