...

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Detox Eye Roller by First Aid Beauty

Detox Eye Roller by First Aid Beauty is supposed to help alleviate puffiness, dark circles, and fine lines.  It comes in a glass vial with a stainless steel ball roller that feels delightfully cool on my under eye area.  I'm always surprised at how cold these metal rollers feel on my skin!

So how is this supposed to achieve the effects it claims?  Well, the rollerball action is supposed to help redistribute lymphatic buildup from under the eye.  According to Sephora's description:
"It contains caffeine, a potent vasoconstrictor that constricts the fine blood vessels that cause dark under eye circles and within minutes of application, the appearance of the under eye area is improved with more dramatic results over time. Sodium Hyaluronate and advanced peptides recapture lost volume and increase collagen production to reduce fine lines. Witch hazel protects and soothes the very delicate skin under the eye and the FAB Antioxidant Booster combats free radicals."
It has a liquid consistency, slightly thicker than water without veering into gel territory.  It does dry down in a few minutes, so I usually apply before brushing my teeth to give it time to dry before applying makeup.  I then follow up with an under eye moisturizer.
I got mine as part of a box set called Forever Fab (no longer available) so it's slightly smaller at .28 oz than the regular sized  .34 oz, which retails for $24.  I recommend getting the sets when they are available, as you get a better value. Forever Fab was $40 and included the eye roller, the facial radiance pads, and the ultra repair cream, all now favorites of mine.  I've been using the ultra repair cream as a body moisturizer and mixing in some of my favorite Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab perfume oils to make a scented body lotion. 
Overall, I've been impressed with First Aid Beauty products, and the Detox Eye Roller has become part of my daily routine!

Ingredients:  Water (Aqua), Glycerin, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel ) Water, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Camellia Sinensis (White Tea) Leaf Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Palmitoyl Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Sodium Polyacrate, Ethoxydiglycol, Polysorbate 20, Caffeine, Menthyl Lactate, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Aminomethyl Propanol, Carbomer, Benzoic Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

Disclosure:  I purchased this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment