...

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Clinique Pore Refining Solutions Instant Perfecting Makeup in Neutral

Clinique's Pore Refining Instant Perfecting Makeup is billed as an oil free  "lightweight makeup that creates a virtually poreless look instantly".  Over time, the pore-resurfacing technology is supposed to help downsize pore appearance.  Of course that is going to appeal to me, someone with oily skin and visible pores. 
So, during a recent Clinique gift with purchase offer, I ordered the shade "neutral" online.  It was a bit of a gamble as choosing the right color sight unseen online can be hit or miss, but I'd tried a sample of another Clinique foundation in neutral that was a good match.  
Neutral is working well for me, although for the first week or so I was concerned it might be a tad too dark for my cool weather complexion.  After using for several weeks now, I'm more comfortable with the color, as it seems to blend out quite well and I don't think there is a visible difference between my face and neck.

The texture of the foundation is gel like and I find it very easy to blend with my fingers.  It does indeed seem to minimize the look of my pores, particularly on my nose.  The texture is light and I'd say it gives light to medium coverage, so if you are looking for a foundation that covers major flaws, this is not it.  I set it with my Lancome Dual Finish powder makeup, which I dab on lightly.  The two give enough coverage without looking mask like, and I think the combo extends wear, which is a challenge with my oily skin.

My biggest complaint with this Clinique foundation is the applicator.  It can be difficult to squeeze out if the makeup is not already at the tip, and one morning the bottle "burped" and spit a glob on my dark brown slacks. I was rushed and had no time to put together a new outfit, so I was a bit irritated, to put it mildly.  I'll be interested to see if it washes out, as those are some of my favorite pants.

The price is a reasonable $23, and I can see this foundation becoming a staple in my rotation.  Only time will tell if it truly does improve my skin, but there are a few ingredients that do have potential treatment properties, such as witch hazel, clary extract, caffeine, and salicylic acid.  If nothing else, it's a good foundation option for oily skin types!
Disclaimer:  I purchased this.

2 comments:

  1. Incredible that you chose this online without trying it first; I don't think I've ever seen such a perfect foundation match! It really looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - I was lucky (and too impatient to find somewhere to try it first)!

      Delete