...

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Active Vitamin D Serum-Oil by Dr. Dennis Gross: Sample Series v. 3

I'm a reformed sun worshipper, although I still sit out in my background during the winter and soak up rays  (wearing sun screen, of course).  Turns out our sun shunning ways have led to a deficiency in vitamin D in 3 out of 4 people, according to dermatologist Dr. Dennis Gross.  He has developed a serum-oil that contains an active form of vitamin D that replenishes hydration and boosts elasticity, helps smooth fine lines and wrinkles, enhances the skin’s radiance, and helps correct sun damage and dark spots.  

The consistency of this serum-oil is thicker than other facial oils I've tried, almost bordering on a gel.  It does leave a slight sheen after application, but overall it soaked into my skin nicely. 

The deluxe sample I have is not enough to determine long term benefits, but I am intrigued enough that I may consider getting a full sized version going forward.  I like using facial oils, and this one has an interesting ingredient list that could possibly back up its varied claims.  The down side is the $65 price, which gives me pause. 
I was unaware of the whole active vs. inactive aspects of vitamin D, but apparently inactive forms, which are in many supplements, still require skin exposure to UV rays in order to be activated.  Hmmm.  It's always something, isn't it?  
Disclaimer:  This was a sample with purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment