...

Monday, January 14, 2013

The Cocktail Hour READY Eyeshadow 8.0 by Bare Escentuals

I'm late in trying the Bare Escentuals pressed eyeshadows.  I had read lots of good things, but wasn't sure I wanted to spend $40 on the 8 pan palettes.  When both The Cocktail Hour and Star Treatment showed up on sale at Bare Escentuals, I decided it was time to take the plunge, and I'm glad I did!

The Cocktail Hour is a cooler color themed palette, which doesn't usually appeal to me.  There were a few shades that drew my in, however, such as Spiked, Invite Only, and Shaken Not Stirred.  Love the names, by the way.  Swatches are over bare skin, no primer.
The first two colors, Black Tie Optional and Icebreaker, are the 2 that will probably get the least amount of wear by me.  Black Tie Optional is a rather washed out or sheered matte black, and Icebreaker a white shimmer. 
Next is Swanky, a purple with gold sparkle bits that looked more eggplant on my skin than the cooler toned purple it looks like in the pan.   Spike is a medium orange with a slight pink shimmer, very pretty!  Elixir leans more lavender in the pan, but reads as a pink on my skin, which works for me. 
Invite Only is a metallic khaki taupe, always a nice shade to have.  Libation is an oyster peach with some micro glitter in it and made for a nice inner eye highlighter.  Last is Shaken Not Stirred, the true black of the palette.  Yes, there are some blue sparkles in there, and I wish the base was more of a true navy as opposed to black, but still pretty.  It works great over Urban Decay's 24/7 pencil LSD, which came in the Ocho Loco pencil set, as both are a blue sparkle in a blackened base.   
The shadows are smooth, easy to apply and blend.  Some of the shades with glitter did have fallout, although not that significant.  The applicator that came with the palette was surprisingly nice, and I used it for the swatches and the look below.

The limited edition Cocktail Hour is currently available at Bare Escentuals and is on sale for $24.50. 
Disclosure:  I purchased this.

No comments:

Post a Comment