...

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

OCC Lip Tars: Pro's Picks v2.0 Swatches

As promised, here are the swatches of the lip tars included in the Pro's Picks v2.0 lip tar set!  For those not familiar with Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetic's lip tars, they are liquid lipsticks that have a thin consistency but are highly pigmented.  A small dot is all you need, and applying them with a lip brush works best for me. 

Iced is one of the newer metallic finishes, and I was interested to see how mixing the other colors with Iced would look.  All of the lip tars can be mixed together to make your own custom colors, which makes them even more versatile.  Iced is not as glossy as the cream lip tars due to the metallic finish and felt dryer on the lips as well. 
Iced
Kava Kava is described as a medium peach, but leans more towards terracotta to me. 
Kava Kava
Kava Kava mixed with Iced
The medium plum Lydia was the problem child of the set, as the formula seemed thinner and less pigmented.  It's possible it just needs mixing better, but I've tried shaking the tube multiple times and it is still a but runny.  You can see how it bleeds more than the others.  Lydia mixed with Iced produced a lovely mauve shimmer.
Lydia
Lydia mixed with Iced
Hoochie is described as a vibrant magenta, but it looks purple to me.  Mixed with Iced, you get lavender!
Hoochie
Hoochie mixed with Iced
 Last is Pretty Boy, a fuschia pink.  Mixing with Iced produces a lighter pink shimmer.
Pretty Boy
Pretty Boy mixed with Iced
Obviously, the levels of color and shimmer will vary with how you mix them.  Less Iced will give a less frosty finish.  I've yet to wear these for any length of time  so have yet to get a feel for how the metallic finish wears, but the cream lip tars wear comfortably as long as you don't over apply.  Too much will lead to feathering.

There are two separate Pro's Picks lip tar sets available at Sephora, and they retail for $49. 

Disclaimer:  I purchased these.

4 comments:

  1. I am in love with Hoochie. I sure wish the Iced was available in the sets but a creme, no frostiness. Thanks for sharing and also for mixing them. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I like the idea of Iced as a cream! I'm less fond of the metallic lip tars than I thought I would be - just too frosty.

      Delete
  2. oooh how did i miss this post? i bought v0.1 online last week and have been anxiously awaiting its arrival!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I hope you enjoy them! The possibilities are just so endless with mixing, and I find them fairly comfortable on. I still want to get one of the stained glass lip tars.

      Delete