...

Friday, May 24, 2013

NOTD: Blue Mosaic by Revlon

I've probably had Blue Mosaic for 2 years now, and this is my first time wearing it.   It was originally part of the Expressionists Collection released in Fall/Winter 2011, but Revlon later re-released it in 2012 as Radiant.  I'm not sure why I haven't worn it til now - as I love the color combo and different sizes of glitter in the mix.  Maybe because it's a bold polish that makes a disco ball statement, and I have to be in the right mood for that :-)

When I wore Blu by Zoya last week, I made a mental note to layer Blue Mosaic over it after a few days.  I like how it turned out - apart from messing up my ring finger, which must not have been completely dry when I went to bed.

As a total aside, my car's color is called Aquarius Blue, and I went to graduate school at the University of North Carolina in Chapel Hill, whose colors are light blue and white.  So I definitely have a fondness for these shades of blue!


I used two coats of Blue Mosaic over Blu, followed by one coat of Gelous and one of Julep's fast dry top coat.  I probably could have used another layer of topcoat, as there is still a bit of texture.  This is definitely a glitter that is meant to be layered over other colors, as it would probable take a good 3-4 layers to achieve opacity on it's own. The combo of Blue Mosaic over Zoya's Blu is wearing like iron, as I've got minimal tip wear after 6 days,  Makes me a bit worried about getting this off.
Without a doubt, this baby is bright and blingy, and from a distance it looks like solid metallic turquoise! 

Disclaimer:  I purchased this.

The Nail Files weekly linkup:

15 comments:

  1. I *Love* this color!! I have almost purchased it a couple of times, but talked myself out of it. I don't think I have anything like it in my collection! Gorgeous notd, thanks for sharing! xo Amber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is definitely unique to my collection as well!

      Delete
  2. Ermegerd, I love this! The only blue sparkle I have is Gonzo from the Muppets Collection and this is WAY better! I wonder if I can still buy some...only a trip to the store will tell! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the different sized glitters as well as the inclusion of green and silver make this one much complex than Gonzo. If you can't find it at the store, drugstore.com has it on sale for $3.99 right now:-)

      Delete
  3. This looks gorgoeus! It reminds me of Sally Hansen Gem Crush Bling-tastic 04

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember seeing the Gem Crus Bling-tastics but didn't pick any of them up.

      Delete
  4. Looks very pretty, I find I don't have enough glitter top coats! So I might actually check this one out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Curious as to the markup that Revlon would have in Canada - it seems like every thing is more expensive, but maybe not?

      Delete
  5. I really like the glitter over it. I always add glitter over my polish after a couple days to cover up the chips. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have this one and now I want to wear it again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been really getting into glitter lately and I love this one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've seen this in stores but hadn't picked it up - it is definitely a very pretty polish!

    xox
    Bailey
    http://akabailey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a fun mani! i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adding that to my list for sure :)

    ReplyDelete