...

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Tiger Lily Eyes: The All Natural Face Creme Brulee, Tiger Lily, & Chocolate Brown Vegan Eyeshadows

Photo credit: harvardbeet / Foter.com / CC BY-SA
When I was eleven, my parents and I lived in a house on a lake outside of Tuscaloosa, Alabama.  One large, sloping side of the yard had been planted with orange Tiger Lillies, and they were spectacular in bloom.   I have a lot of fun memories from living there, including fishing for Bream using bread balls and riding my bike around the lake.  I was reminded of all this when I pulled out these sample shadow pots from The All Natural Face last week. These were part of the Get Started Green Sample Set, and I've still got oodles to try out from it. 
Orange eye shadows naturally complement blue eyes (orange is opposite blue on the color wheel), and I was pleased to see that Tiger Lily was not as neon as it appeared in the pot.  The texture was a bit interesting, as it took a bit of buffing to get even color, but I did like the final effect.
Sun
Shade
Creme Brulee is a really pretty soft shimmer beige that makes for a great highlighter on my brow bone and inner eye.  Chocolate Brown is a warm medium brown matte that I used to transition the crease. The eyeliner is the dark brown matte Urban Decay 24/7 pencil Demolition, and the mascara is Julep's lengthening Boho Glam in dark brown. 
Disclaimer:  I purchase these.

2 comments:

  1. Ahh very pretty, I remember Lisa Eldrige (on youtube) did this beautiful eye look using brownish orange metallics on this girl with very blue eyes, it really brought the eye color!
    I have never seen lilies growing in the wild by the way, I can imagine it's pretty spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny, because orange was one of my least favorite colors growing up. now, it's one I naturally gravitate to. Funny how tastes change.

      Delete