...

Friday, June 7, 2013

Nantucket Nostalgia: Julep June Collection

I lived in New England for 10 years before moving back to the South, so Julep's Nantucket Nostalgia polish collection grabbed my fancy.  The combination of preppy bright and sun faded colors were really spot on to capture the feel of places like Cape Cod or Martha's Vineyard, so I splurged on a box upgrade that included all 9 colors!  To round out the collection, I also added on Bunny, a creamy white with almost imperceptible gold shimmer.
June also marked the release of Julep's DD cream and concealer.  The DD cream is available in 4 shades and I selected medium, with the concealer in light.  I'll be reviewing those in a separate post, so on to the polishes!
  • Kennedy:  Khaki crème
  • Raegan:  Electric dark pink crème
  • Martha:  Polo pink crème
  • Char:  Nautical navy blue crème
  • Dianna:  Mint green crème
  • Payton:  Kelly green crème
  • Bess:  Baby blue crème
  • Nan:  Nantucket red crème
  • Lexie:  Dandelion yellow crème
  • Bunny:  Crisp white linen with fine gold shimmer
Julep ships add-on polishes separately, so Bunny arrived before the other polishes.  Consequently, it got used first, and I like it!  Mine was a bit thick and would benefit from some polish thinner, but I found the color to be flattering on, making my hands look tan.  The shimmer is much more apparent in the bottle than on the nail, but I do think the added gold is what tempers the color, keeping it from being a stark white.
I used two coats with Julep's base coat and fast dry gel top coat.  It took a long time to dry, but that could be because of Mobile's excessive humidity.  Bunny is wearing well and I have no chips and minimal tip wear after 4 days.  After the other polishes arrived, I added an accent nail of polka dots featuring Raegan and Kennedy.  It didn't turn out perfect, but considering it was my first attempt at dotting, I'll take it.
The price for the upgrade was $55, so an extra $35 over the regular $19.99 box price.  Not bad for a regular retail value of $204!  Now, I consider Julep's prices to be uber inflated, which is one reason why being a part of the Maven program is so appealing - you get everything at a significant discount and shipping is free. 

Don't forget to enter my first giveaway, which ends on Sunday!

Disclaimer:  I purchased this.  

Linking up with The Nail Files:

3 comments:

  1. Every single month I want the whole upgrade, Julep is really good at promoting itself! But yea, the price is still quite expensive in my opinion. With that said, I WILL get Nan! I must, it looks so pretty, can't wait for you to do your nails with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i was so close to getting this whole set! i'm regretting it now!

    ReplyDelete