...

Friday, June 28, 2013

NOTD: Nan and Paris from Julep

Nan was one of the colors from Julep's Nantucket collection that persuaded me to upgrade to the full set. Did you know that Nantucket red originated when Philip C. Murray introduced the hue via brick-red sailcloth pants in the 1950s?  They fade with washing, hence the muted color.

The formula was quite good and I used two coats with a base and Julep's gel top coat.  Nan wore very well for 3 days before I decided to time to mix it up a bit with a glitter top coat.
Paris was from Julep's May collection, and I ended up ordering it separately after seeing how pretty it looked in almost every picture I saw.  It's a medium pale gold hex glitter with some tiny glitter mixed in, and it has a holographic flash which makes it positively glow.  Love this!

I used one coat of Paris for these pictures, and it was a little bit thick but not hard to work with at all.  I can see using Paris as a topper for multiple colors, as the flashes would complement most anything.
Disclaimer:  I purchased this.

Linking up with The Nail Files:

4 comments:

  1. AHHHH!!! PARIS!!! I was SO SAD when I passed on that box after I saw it pop up on everyone else's blog and when I went to buy a bottle, it was sold out!! Oh the horror! Luckily, I managed to check when some was back in stock and I should be getting my own Paris next week. It looks freaking gorgeous and I can't wait till I can try it out! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paris is definitely worth tracking down, so glad you were able to get a bottle!

      Delete
  2. So pretty! I loved the entire Nantucket collection too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love it, nan is sooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete