...

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Prestige Cosmetics Automatic Waterproof Eyeliner in Lightning

Lightning by Prestige Cosmetics is a medium green, which makes me wonder the logic behind naming products sometimes.  Was this named Lightning because lightning can make an overcast sky look green sometimes when it flashes?  It's a mystery.
Regardless, Lightning is a really pretty color and a fairly solid performer when it comes to pencil eyeliners.  Waterproof and smudge resistant, these Prestige eyeliners are also reasonably priced at about $5.50, making them an attractive alternative to higher priced pencils.

Lightning applied smoothly and you do have a short window of time to smudge it out before it sets.  I did not notice any significant migration of color once it set and the color wore well for about 8 hours before it started to fade a bit. I initially thought I did not have any other eye pencils close to this color, until I received Urban Decay's recently discontinued Covet in the mail on Tuesday.  While they are not identical, they are close - I'll have to do a comparison post!
For this eye look, I used all of the colors in the Lancome Color Design Emerald Boudoir palette except for the dark brown.  The green layered over Lightning gave an extra dimension to both colors.
Foundation = Revlon Colorstay Whipped Creme in Warm Golden
Blush = Le Metier de Beaute Traviata
Lips = Revlon Just Bitten Rendezvous lip stain with Bite Beauty's 2005 lip gloss

Disclaimer:  I purchased this.

No comments:

Post a Comment