...

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

I Got Good Jeans Eyeshadow Trio by Wet 'n Wild

Wet 'n Wild has a pretty good reputation as a drugstore brand when it comes to their eyeshadows.  So, when Rite Aid was running a 40% off sale on Wet 'n Wild recently, I picked up three of the eyeshadow trios.  Today's show and tell features I Got Good Jeans.
Featuring a bold metallic gold, a blackened navy shimmer, and an ultra shimmery silver, this is a palette that makes a statement.  The gold and silver shadows are ulta pigmented and what you see below is one swipe from the pan.  The blue needed two swipes to build up color, but still has nice payoff.  All swatches are over Too Faced shadow primer. 
While these trios give suggestions for where each color should be placed on your eye, take that with a grain of salt.  The silver is way too pigmented for me to use as a brow highlighter, but it did make for a striking inner eye highlighter.  The gold I use mainly as an all over lid color, and the blue in the crease or just to emphasize my upper lash line.
Wear was good over primer, with some slight creasing after 8-9 hours of wear.  That's normal for me, as I've got oily lids, so your milage may vary.  Color can obviously be built up or worn more sheer, and I went with a more sheer variation, which is still more color than I'm used to wearing during the day:-)  I used Urban Decay's 24/7 eye pencil in Binge to line my upper line, followed by the blue shadow.  Mascara is one coat of Estee Lauder's Sumptuous Extreme mascara in Extreme Indigo over one coat of Urban Decay's Lush Lash mascara. 
I Got Good Jeans is well worth it's $2.99 price tag and at the $1.79 I got it for, downright outrageous.  Wet 'n Wild definitely lived up to the good word of mouth I've heard in this instance!

No comments:

Post a Comment