...

Monday, September 16, 2013

September Birchbox: Heritage

This month is Birchbox's 3 year anniversary, and I think I've been subscribing now for almost 2 years.  Time flies and all that!  Fortunately, I continue to enjoy my subscription and September did not disappoint.

This month saw the inclusion of some exclusive to Birchbox nail polishes created by Ruffian, a New York based fashion label.  This is their first nail lacquer collection, and the three colors that were sent out were a purple, red, or a green.  I was hoping for the metallic olive green Hedge Fund and that's what I received :-)  This is a full size bottle worth $10.
Birchbox has been sending out Amika products forever, but I think this
is the first one I've received!  Bombshell Blowout Spray will come in handy now that I've cut off all my hair again, as I have to blow it dry.  The formula features Sea Buckthorn Berry and is supposed to provide extra texture and volume while protecting from heat.  Interestingly, the link on Birchbox to this spray is called the Blow Up spray, so I'm not sure if the name has been changed or what.  Sample value is $6.

Next up is the Dr. Jart+ Premium Beauty Balm.  This is supposed to be a four-in-one primer, moisturizer, sunscreen, and treatment serum with
brightening properties and anti-aging benefits.  It blends out nicely and while it does not provide enough coverage for me on it's own, I'll use it under my foundation for it's sunscreen and anti-aging benefits.  I like that it has an SPF of 45 but did not feel or look greasy.  Sample value is $4.87.
The Dr. Lipp original nipple balm for lips features purified or medical grade lanolin and is an all purpose balm that replenishes and seals in moisture.  This is the kind of lip balm I like to use before going to bed at
night, and it reminds me of Rosebud salve or Elizabeth Arden's 8 Hour Cream in it's texture.  Those are petrolatum based, and beyond lanolin, I have no idea what the Dr. Lipp balm contains, although it is supposed to be 100% natural.  It does feel nice on!  Sample value is $3.10.

Last up is Eyeko's Black Magic mascara, with a paraben-free formula featuring keratin and shea butter and a water resistant finish.  I've worn this once so far and liked it!  It reminded me a bit of a tubing mascara in how it looked when I washed it off, so I'm wondering if there are similarities in formula.  It did not clump or smudge and the color was a nice glossy black.  Sample value is about $11.

These are all items I'll use and the total box value is $34.97, well worth the $10 I spent.  Happy Anniversary Birchbox!

2 comments:

  1. The mascara looks interesting, I always see it at the checkout line at Sephora.
    Also, any box with a nail polish is a good box :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm liking the mascara quite a bit!

    ReplyDelete