...

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

September Eco Emi: Fall is in the Air

Disclaimer:  I subscribe to Eco Emi for $15/mo.
Mobile is experiencing a small taste of fall like weather, as it was in the upper 60's this morning and I've got all my windows open.  Eco Emi is reinforcing this feeling of fall in the air with their September box, which features some drinks and beauty items to help up get me in the autumn spirit.  I'm more than ready, believe me!
 The non-beauty items this month were:
  • Vitacare Whitening Gum in Cool Mint Freshness + Acai:  I've received Vitacare gum from Eco Emi before, and I like it!  Sample value $1.99.  
  • Organic Peru La Florida Coffee by Cool Bean Perks Coffee:  I love coffee but am currently wedding to my Keurig, so this will go to my aunt who still brews the traditional way and only uses organic beans.  Perfect!  Sample value $1.06.
  • Ginger Peach Iced Tea by Mighty Leaf:  This is a new flavor from Mighty Leaf and features sun swelled peaches and delicate ginger.  It smells fantastic, and I inhale iced tea, so it will definitely get used.  Sample value $4.50.
 The beauty and personal care items for September were:
  • Organic Mayan Riviera Honey Moisturizing Exfoliant by Zola Jae:  This organic sugar and brown sugar based facial scrub also features organic honey, Vitamin E oil, pure vanilla extract, organic sunflower oil and castor oil for softening skin.  It's also reasonable priced at $3 for the 2 oz. container I received.  
 

  • Cleansing Towelette by Desert Essence:  This all purposed cleansing towelette features a blend of tea tree oil, lavender, and orange extracts to cleanse, sooth, and refresh skin.  Sample value is 53 cents.
  • Assorted Creme Foundation by Lauren Brooke Cosmetiques:  I received 3 samples in different color variations of these creme foundation, and I think the middle shade should work for me.  I can't say I completely understand the color ranges/naming, but that's okay.  The consistency of these is a nice, thick whipped creme designed to provide medium to full coverage.  I look forward to trying out this all natural cream foundation, as they are few and far between!  Sample value $6.
  • Organic Sweet Orange Deodorant by Only NatCHeryl:  I switched to natural deodorants several years back, so I'm always interested in trying out new variations.  This would be the first natural deodorant I've tried that comes in a stick format, so I'm hoping it works. The scent is a faint orange creamsicle - quite pleasant!  I'm estimating sample value at $1.50.
  • Ochre, Juicy Orange Flavor Lip Gloss by Purely You Minerals:  Great fall color and it does indeed have a faint orange flavor and scent.  It's a non-sticky gloss that is comfortable on, but I'm guessing the staying power is minimal  I am liking the gloss it has!  I'm estimating sample value at 75 cents, and a full sized tube goes for a reasonable $7.50.  
  • All Purpose Healing Salve by The Natural Choice Apothecary:  This all natural herbal balm is good for small cuts, scrapes, sunburns, diaper rash, and chapped skin or lips.  The smell reminds me of Thanksgiving dinner in a good way - the herbs used in the dressing, perhaps?  Sample value $1.00.
There is not anything in this month's box that won't get used, so I'm a happy camper!  I'm most interested in the deodorant, foundation, and sugar scrub, but invariably I find surprise favorites.  Total box value for September is $20.33.

2 comments:

  1. I like that they gave you three shades of the foundation, this way you can mix them together to get the perfect shade!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking that very thing! It's actually a nice foundation, I'm liking the finish.

      Delete