...

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Sweet as Candy Eyeshadow Trio from Wet 'n Wild

The second eyeshadow trio from Wet 'n Wild that I have to show you is the more neutral Sweet as Candy.  These are the kind of colors I veer towards on a regular basis, as I find they make for an easy workday look.
What I wasn't prepared for was the high shimmer finish, especially in the pink and brown!  I was expecting more of a satin finish, at least based on how the colors looked in pan.
Pigmentation was good, but no where as intense as the shadows in I Got Good Jeans, which you can see here.  Sweet as Candy did apply smoothly and wear time over primer was good, with creasing after about 8 hours (my norm).  I was concerned about the high shimmer finish, as they can be unkind to less then smooth lids (hello), but the finished look turned out pretty well.
The pink in Sweet as Candy looks like a perfect powder dupe or complement for Maybelline's Color Tattoo Metal Inked in Pink, what do you think?  Wearing Inked in Pink as a base for Sweet as Candy will probably extend my wear time, so I'll be trying that next.
Inked in Pink Metal Color Tattoo by Maybelline
Another nice trio from Wet 'n Wild, especially considering the $2.99 price tag!  I do wish they were not quite so shimmery, but that's just a personal preference.

1 comment: