...

Monday, October 7, 2013

Empties! Products I Used Up in September

It took me a while to get photos of the products I used up in September, but here they are!  A few favorites, a few items I'm throwing away because I didn't use them or they don't perform well, and some middle of the pack items.  So, let's start with my favorites last month!
I love using facial oils and serums, and the three I finished up in September were all items items I liked and would use again.  In fact, I just got another of the Maracuja oil mini's from Tarte in a holiday set.   Full of essential fatty acids and Vitamin C, I like using a few drops of this oil at night.  The mini size lasted me several months and a little goes a long way, so I find it fairly economical as well.
For daytime serum use, I alternated between the Ole Henriksen Truth Serum Collagen Booster and the Amend Solar Repair.  I've yet to meet an Ole Henriksen skin care product I haven't liked - I find them to be solid performers.  Both serums are antioxidant rich collagen boosters that absorbed easily and worked well under other products. The Amend serum is a dollar more than the Truth Serum at $49 for 1 oz, but I honestly liked both and could go with either one. 

My go to hairspray for years as been Suave Max Hold.  It takes me forever to finish a full bottle as I probably use it only a few times a week at best, but I find it does the job.  At about $3.50 a bottle, can't beat that! 

The last of my favorite items is Prime Time eye primer by Bare Minerals.  This may actually have taken the top spot in my eye primer arsenal, as I find it consistently works well for me.  I've gone through several of these sample sizes and it may be time to buy a full sized one.  Other items of note that I liked:  BeeKind shampoo by Gilchrist & Soames and the HD facial primer by Makeup Forever. 

Middle of the pack items for me were:
  • Spackle facial primer by Laura Geller - eh.
  • Rock Star hand creme by Julep - I wish it wasn't fragranced.
  • Fix Malibu Immaculate Conception facial serum -  I'm ambivalent about the silicone feel/finish.
  • Urban Decay Naked 3.5 foundation sample:  I could not find a good color match for my skin.
  • Frederic Fekkai Shea Butter moisturizing shampoo and conditioner:  Fekkai products just don't inspire much in me, for some reason.
  • Urban Decay eye primer:  the new formula does not work as well as the old one for me.
  • Burt's Bees Shea Butter hand cream:  it had a weird feel - I could feel it on, kind of like it did not fully absorb.  
  • DHC Olive-Corn body scrub:  eh.
  • Goldfadden MD Wake Up Call overnight regenerative face treat:  I'd need more time to really evaluate, but it didn't really make an impression one way or the other.
  • Goldfadden MD Vital Boost even skintone daily moisturizer:  ditto.
 
Items that got thrown away because they were poor performers were:
  • Lorac Special Effects mascara and primer:  lackluster in every sense of the word.
  • Bare Minerals Flawless Definition mascara:  smudges on me.
Another month down and lots used up!

No comments:

Post a Comment