...

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Revlon Colorburst Lip Gloss in Embellished

Disclaimer:  I purchased this.
I ran across a display of Revlon lip glosses that had been marked half off, and Embellished caught my eye.  Now that the weather is getting cooler, I've been gravitating towards darker lip colors, and Embellished is a vampy dark wine with fuschia and violet glitter.  I'm not sure if it's just my Rite Aid or if all of them do it, but occasionally I'll find items that are current season and yet marked half off.  Gotta love that!

I'm a fan of Revlon's Colorburst lip gloss formula, as I find it to be  comfortable to wear, non-sticky, and with an average wear time of about 2-3 hours.  I need a gloss that makes my lips feel hydrated, and these contain sweet almond oil and Vitamin E, which seems to do the job.  The doe foot applicator feels plush and does a good job of applying the gloss, although I find myself using my finger to smooth things out.
Embellished (shade)
Embellished does provide a wash of color, but it's nowhere as intense as the color in the tube.  The sparkle from the glitter is much more subtle as well, although it's there.  You are definitely not getting a glitter bomb here, although I do wish the glitter translated a bit more.  The sparkles are just so pretty in the tube!
Embellished (sun)
Definitely a wearable color for me, and I prefer using it over a lip stain, as the color can appear a bit blotchy over my bare lips.  Embellished was $7.49 regular priced at Rite Aid, making it $3.75 on sale. 
Embellished over bare lips
Embellished over Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Adore

2 comments:

  1. Wow surprisingly lighter on the lips than I thought! I love it!

    ReplyDelete