...

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Hourglass Veil Fluid Makeup in No. 2/Light Beige: Sample Series v. 5

Disclaimer:  This was a sample with purchase.
I continue with my quest for foundations, and this sample was courtesy of Sephora.  I believe there were 3 different colors in this particular sample card, and No. 2/Light Beige ended up being the best match for my complexion.
Veil is one pricey foundation at $60 for a 1 oz. bottle, but you are also getting some skincare ingredients in the form of Matrixyl® Synthe'6™, which supports the body's natural ability to produce collagen and help reduce the appearance of wrinkles.  Veil also contains Skin Tightener ST™ PH, which helps to improve the skin's texture and promote a younger-looking complexion.  I applied with my foundation brush and thought the coverage was good and the finish fairly natural looking.
I did end up buying a Hourglass foundation, but I went with the Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation formula (review tomorrow) instead of Veil.  I believe my reasoning was that the Immaculate formula is targeted more towards oily skin.  I actually prefer the color I'm wearing above over the shade I got in Immaculate, which is a touch too dark.  Them's the breaks, as it's always a toss up choosing the right foundation shade online.  

No comments:

Post a Comment