...

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Lipstick Queen Sinner in Pinky Nude

The Sinner line of lipsticks by Lipstick Queen ($22) is designed to be the ultimate full-coverage matte lipstick, with 90% pigment, a moisturizing formula, no fragrance, and long lasting wear.  I received Pinky Nude in the NK Space Autumn gift event, marking my first foray into Lipstick Queen.  So what did I think?
Well, as much as I'd like to be able to rock a nude lip, I just can't.  They leave me looking a bit washed out and anemic.  Pinky Nude is billed as a "pretty and subtle pink take on nude", and it leans toward the warm end of the spectrum, which should work in my favor.  Somehow, though, I just can't carry it off.  Maybe if I did the smoky eye/nude lip combo, but honestly, the whole smoky eye thing doesn't work for my narrow eyes.  It's important to know your limits, I guess :-)
Formula wise, I would not have recognized this as a matte lipstick if I hadn't read the description.  Pinky Nude was creamy and comfortable for a matte, although I did have noticeable settling into my lip lines.  The only way I felt like I could carry off Pinky Nude was if I topped it with a tinted lip balm, as that gave it enough color and solved the lip settling issue. 
So, I guess I'm on the fence about the Sinner matte lipsticks.  A more flattering color might tip the scales for me.

6 comments:

  1. I think it looks gorgeous, from the lip swatch alone it a looks like a great color for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, thanks! I'll have to give it another try :-)

      Delete
  2. I think you can rock it :)
    I've really want to try the Medieval lipstick from that brand...but the price is never right!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the sound of Medieval - the red that anyone can wear!

      Delete
  3. The shade looks gorgeous! I'd love to wear it with a smokey eye look! And wow so many products! I'm jelly haha
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That gift with purchase was phenomenal, I could not pass it up!

      Delete