...

Monday, December 9, 2013

Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in Unapologetic

As you may already be aware, Revlon has introduced some new Colorburst lip balms in a matte and lacquer finish.  These are reminiscent and yet different than the Just Bitten Kissable balm stains that were so popular.  They look the same in that they are twist up lip pencils , but have slightly different finishes and are not lip stains.  I recently picked up one each of the new Colorburst balms:  the matte  Unapologetic, and the lacquer Vivacious.  Today we'll be looking at Unapologetic.
Unapologetic is what I think of as a hot flamingo pink.  It's bright, cheerful, and reminds me of hot weather and summer, but I've been wearing it in Mobile's indecisive swings between cold and warm weather.  I find it hard to commit to a "warm" or "cold" weather color scheme when the temps fluctuate between winter and summer in a 24 hour period.  Right now, it's "raw".  Of course, I know I have nothing to complain about compared to huge parts of the rest of the country, which are dealing with ice storms!  I just want the weather to commit so I can know whether to pull out the boots or the sandals.  Heck, I need a pedicure if it's sandal weather :-)
But back to Unapologetic.  I've seen a few reviewers that have liked the matte balms over the lacquers, but I'm not sure I'm one of them.  I found Unapologetic a bit difficult to work with, as it was a tad waxy and had the tendency to both settle into my lip lines and apply patchy.  On the plus side, it is fairly comfortable for a matte lip color, although I'd say it's not a true matte finish, as there is some sheen there.  Wear time was about 3 hours. 
These do have the same minty scent and taste as the Just Kissable balm stains, and are similarly priced at about $7-$8.  I was fortunate to pick mine up during a 40% off sale, and while I don't like Unapologetic as much as the Just Kissable balm stains, it's a great color and one I will wear, come cold or warm weather.  Tomorrow I'll show you Unapologetic's lacquer sister, Vivacious.
Revlon Colorburst matte balm in Unapologetic

4 comments:

  1. Oh man I love this, so gorgeous, such a beautiful summer color!! I love the name too, fits the color very well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is such an awesome color and i totally hauled it too! this an the purple one :)

    Jenn
    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks lovely on you :)

    ReplyDelete