...

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Pure Nude Color Tattoo 24HR Eyeshadow by Maybelline

Disclaimer: I purchased this.
I've been wearing my four new Maybelline Color Tattoo eyeshadows from the Dare to Go Nude collection all this week, and I've formed a solid impression:  they are wonderful!  First up for show and tell is Pure Nude, the lightest of the new colors.  Pure Nude is a pale beige shimmer that makes for a great inner eye highlighter or an all over base for other eyeshadows.
One of the features I'm really liking about these new Color Tattoo's is how well they layer and blend together.  There is enough of a creamy slip to them to make blending possible, without sheering out or going patchy.  I especially liked that I could use Pure Nude to lighten other colors if I wanted, without any resulting muddiness.
Barely Beige (top) Pure Nude (bottom)
You may be wondering how Pure Nude compares to the other lighter Color Tattoos such as Barely Branded or the limited edition Barely Beige.  While I don't own Barely Branded, above you can see that Purely Nude is lighter and cooler in tone than the slightly warmer toned Barely Beige.  Pure Nude has shimmer but is not metallic in finish, making it a very wearable color for me.
Below I've used it as an inner eye highlighter.  It brightens but does not announce it's presence in capital letters, making for a nice, natural look.  If you were not fortunate enough to snag the coveted Barely Beige when it was available or if you prefer a cooler toned highlighter that is not metallic, Pure Nude might be a good option.  Definitely no complaints from me regarding the formula!
I still have not seen a definitive word on if the Color Tattoo's in the Dare to Go Nude spring 2014 collection are limited edition or permanent.  I got mine from Rite Aid for $6.99.

4 comments:

  1. From what I understand, they are LE. Hopefully Maybelline will bring them back. It's my tiny hope that the company is testing the waters, will see that people like these and will bring them back permanently.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they do make these permanent, as they are such wearable colors and the formula is really nice! I'm still sad I missed the LE matte shades :-(.

      Delete
  2. I've heard they're limited edition too! I hope I can find these; I've never been able to find the limited edition tattoo collections in my state! It's so weird, but for whatever reason, we NEVER have the new maybelline color tattoo collections!

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, how frustrating! I hope they make it to your area AND that they become permanent.

      Delete