...

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Tarte LipSurgence Lip Luster in Sweet: Perfect for Spring

Disclaimer:  I purchased this.
There are two colors I especially associate with spring:  soft pinks and light greens.  Now that the weather is starting to warm up where I live (thank you semi-tropical climate zone), I pulled out one of my Tarte LipSurgence pencils called Sweet to wear for the week.  I don't know why I've been neglecting my LipSurgence lip pencils, but I've got to say Sweet has renewed my appreciation:-)
Sweet is part of the lip luster line of the LipSurgence lip pencils, which essentially means there is a bit of shimmer in the finish.  Sweet is a medium pink with a gold shimmer, giving it a peachy pink color which works well with my complexion.  I just look more alive and healthy when I wear colors like this, or at least I think so :-)
The formula is mildly hydrating with a slight mint scent and cooling sensation on the lips, no doubt due to the vitamins C & E, peppermint & jojoba oils in the formula.  I'll be honest and say that I think the $24 price is a bit on the high side, but I've always acquired mine as parts of a set, which makes them much more reasonable.  Regardless, I think Sweet is a perfect spring color!

2 comments:

  1. Oy these are 24$ each?!?! This one is gorgeous though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, these are overpriced IMO. I do like them though!

      Delete