...

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Empties! Products I Used Up in March and April

Time for another look at the products I used up in March and April.  I'll be highlighting a few of my favorites, including a new holy grail product!
  • derme e Hydrating Mist with Hyaluronic Acid (full size):  I liked this a lot! Featuring hyaluronic acid, vitamin C, and green tea in the ingredient list, it's got a nice formula that gets the job done, plus it's 100% vegan, cruelty-free, paraben-free, sulfate-free, mineral oil-free, lanolin-free, gluten free, GMO-free.  
  • John Frieda Luxurious Volume Fine to Full Blow-Out Spray (deluxe sample):  Good stuff, and I think it did add volume to my hair when I blew it out.  
  • Urban Decay b6 Vitamin-Infused Complexion Spray:  Loved how fine the mist was, and the formula worked well with my skin.   The price is a bit prohibitive ($33 for 4 oz.), so I'd go with the derma-e over this one.
  • Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab's Colder and Colder:  A seasonal LE perfume oil that I didn't really care for, so I used it in my fragrance burner to scent the house.
  • Neutrogena Rapid Tone Repair moisturizer with SPF 30 (full size):  Holy Grail item alert!  I hate sunscreens, hate them.  This one I love, so that's saying something.  Plus, it helps to correct skin by lightening dark spots.  I won this in a giveaway from Karen at the Makeup and Beauty Blog around Christmas time, and I've been using it every day since.  I will be getting another, and at $21 it's a reasonably priced staple item for me.
  •  St. Tropez One Night Only Instant Glow Body Lotion (deluxe sample):  This is my go to product for color on my legs in the summer.  It's not a self tanner so doesn't have that obnoxious odor, but does give me moisture and transfer resistant color for the door.  You can see my full review here, and I've already invested in a full sized tube for the summer.
  • Ole Henriksen Truth Serum Collagen Booster (deluxe samples):  I'm quite fond of this serum, and would invest in a full sized version if I didn't have a few other brands I'm testing.  Good stuff.
 

  • DHC Pore Cleansing Oil (full size):  I'm a fan of DHC cleansing oils over all other brands, with the original Deep Cleansing Oil (review here) having achieved holy grail status.  I decided to give the Pore Cleansing Oil a whirl to see how it compared.  It's a thicker oil composed of coconut, argan, evening primrose, olive, grape seed, jojoba, avocado, sesame and rice bran oils. It is supposed to reduce your pore size, which is an appealing thought.  It does cleanse well and was an overall good performer, but I'm still liking the Deep Cleansing Oil better.  There is also the price factor, as this one is more expensive at $31 for 5 oz. vs. $28 for the larger 6.7 oz. Deep Cleansing Oil
Now on to the foils:
  • Jergens Shea Butter:  This was sample from a magazine, and I remember it being a nice lotion.
  • DHC Salicylic Acne Wash:  My skin does well with Salicylic Acid and I like using this cleanser with my Clarisonic.
  • First Aid Beauty Face Cleanser:  Another really good and gently facial cleanser.  I've got a more extensive review of it here.
  • Clinique Stay Matte Foundation in Neutral:  A good foundation for my oily skin, although I find the Pore Minimizer foundation from Clinique a bit more to my taste.
  • Clinique Super Primer:  I don't remember much about this one, so it must not have impressed me much.
  • Skin Food Agave Cactus Cream:  this was a nice gel texture, I liked it. 
  • DHC Nuance Hair Wax:  One of the fun things about having short hair has been using hair waxes and creams.  This one was pretty heavy duty and had good hold.  
  • DHC Pore Face Wash:  Part of the Pore Minimizing line from DHC.  I'd need more to really form an impression.
  • DHC Head Oil:  This is a pre-wash hair clarifier that removes product buildup.  I really like it and always get samples whenever I place a DHC order.  My full review is here.
  • Benefit the Porefessional:  I'm the perfect test market for this product, but it doesn't really wow me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment