...

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Giorgio Armani Fluid Sheer #5

Disclaimer:  I purchased this.
Giorgio Armani Fluid Sheers have gotten quite a bit of love in the beauty blogosphere, but it took me a bit of contemplation and going back and forth before I finally bought one.  Partially because I wasn't really sure what they were all about, and partially due to the hefty price of $62.  My initial choice of colors was the peach hued #5, one of eleven shades currently available.
So after two months of use, here are some of my impressions:  I was surprised at how subtle the shimmer is, although not in a bad way.  I get sheer color with a slight shimmer, definitely nothing over the top.
Partially blended
I was a bit flummoxed initially on how to wear #5, as it didn't show up enough to use as a blush.  As a highlighter, you get a bit of warmth and a hint of sparkle.
Totally blended (click on picture to see shimmer)
I've mainly been using a pump of #5 mixed with my foundation.  It's not dark enough to significantly change the tone of the foundation, but it does warm it up a little and provide a slight glow.  Subtle, but pretty.
Considering the 1 oz. bottle size and the relatively small amount used, this should last me for a very long time, so over time that $62 will probably seem like less of a splurge.  Would I get another color?  Possibly, although I'm finding the Manna Kadar Sheer Glo Shimmer Lotions to be quite comparable at half the price.  There is a more limited shade range available with them, however, so the right Giorgio Armani Fluid Sheer color could get me to splurge once more :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment