...

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

It Cosmetics Naturally Pretty Vol. 1 Matte Eyeshadow Palette

 Disclaimer:  I purchased this.
I've bought eyeshadow palettes that are languishing unloved and unused in palette purgatory (hello, more than one of my Urban Decay palettes), but Naturally Pretty by It Cosmetics is not one of them.  Containing 14 matte shadows and one transforming pearl shadow, this baby is getting lots of use.
First of all, I'm not sure I'd classify all the shadows as strictly matte.  Some veer more into satin territory, which is fine with me.  What is consistent across the board is how nice these are:  soft, smooth, good pigmentation, easy to use, and good performance.  Factor in a talc free formula that includes peptides, hydrolyzed collagen, acai, green tea, silk and antioxidants to enhance your lids, and I'm a smitten kitten!
Sun
Included in this palette are:
  1. Sheer Joy - light cream-pink
  2. Soft Light - light taupe
  3. Warmth - nude
  4. Soulful - pink-taupe
  5. Mocha - warm taupe-brown
  6. Violet - soft violet 
  7. Midnight - deep blue
  8. Noir - gray-black
  9. Love - soft light pink
  10. Sunrise - gold-taupe
  11. Sunset - copper
  12. All Heart - mauve
  13. Java - warm brown
  14. Iconic - gray-purple
  15. Transforming Pearl - translucent pearl
Shade
The Transforming Pearl is designed to be used over any of the other shades to turn them into a pearl finish.  I mainly use it as an inner eye highlighter, but here are some swatches to show you the difference over the matte shadows.
 

The colors really work well together, and I find myself reaching for Sheer Joy as a browbone color and Warmth, Soulful, and Mocha as all over lid colors on a regular basis.  Totally worth the $42 I paid for it at Ulta!

4 comments:

  1. The colors look so pretty.
    http://therantingsofadramaqueensmum.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a really great palette, quite happy with it!

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness I am in love with those shades! I have more than enough palettes though (I'm so conflicted)

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean, I've got more palettes than I know what to do with!

    ReplyDelete