...

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Le Métier de Beauté True Color Eye Shadows in Naked and Tamarack

Disclaimer:  I purchased these.
I took advantage of one of Le Métier de Beauté's (LMdB) bundle offers on their Vault back in November.   Included were the True Colour eyeshadows in Naked and Tamarack, two of their matte shadows.
Naked is a pale cream shade that is hard to tell in my arm swatch as it blends into my skin tone perfectly.  What's worth noting is that it is not chalky or powdery at all, which I find important for such a light shade.  Tamarack is a warm medium brown that applies smoothly and again is not chalky or powdery when applied.  Important components for matte shadows :-)
Basic shades that we've all probably got more than one of, and at $30 a pop, on the expensive side.  I do find myself reaching for these generously sized shadows fairly often, which is an indication of their quality.  While they are lovely on their own, LMdB is all about layering products, so it's fortunate that I've also got the Dualistic eye pencil in Tamarack from the November VIP subscription box.  
Layering the powder Tamarack over the pencil Tamarack gives a really nice brown smoky eye.  The Dualistic pencil is a water-based gel pencil that is easy to smudge out and really does make a nice base for powder shadows.  My biggest issue is getting it smooth enough over my lids, but the final result looks nice.  The colors are perfect for my blue eyes, as the bronze tones contrast and enhance blue.
Tamarack shadow layered over Tamarack pencil
I've become quite the fan of Le Métier de Beauté's products, and even signed up for their Summer Kaleidoscope program where you receive one kaleidoscope (eye, face, or lip) per month as part of a limited edition seasonal collection.  Really looking to seeing what I get!

No comments:

Post a Comment