...

Friday, May 30, 2014

NOTD: Pacific Blue by Sally Hansen

I've had Sally Hansen's Pacific Blue for several years but never wore it for some reason.  Well, this week I was craving cobalt blue nails so out she came.  Quite the pretty color!  Formula was good as well, with 2 coats giving me plenty of smooth coverage.
My tips started to show after just a few days, however, so I decided to do a tone on tone french tip with Wet 'n Wilds Saved by the Blue.  It has a metallic finish but is in the same color family as Pacific Blue, although slightly darker.
I like how this turned out, but sadly had some more tip chips within 2 days.  I'm not seeing the wear time I usually do with my polishes, but I'm not sure if that's because my nails are peeling, or that I'm wearing drugstore brands.  So, I clipped my nails, which actually looks pretty cool with just the slightest sliver of darker blue along the edges.  So, all's good:-)

Linking up with The Nail Files, hosted by Jennie Shaw!

 photo newbutton_zps284b4cd7.jpg

9 comments:

  1. I love blue. Pretty pic with the flowers.
    http://therantingsofadramaqueensmum.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm finding this blue a refreshing change of pace:-)

      Delete
  2. Pacific Blue is one of my all-time favorite nail polishes. The blue is just unbelievably vibrant! So smart to do a tip coat when it started chipping - the blue-on-blue is an awesome look :)

    Bailey
    aka Bailey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shouldn't have waited to so long to try it out - it's really a great color!

      Delete
  3. Oh no! CHIPS! Awesome save, though. But then it chipped again? Whyyyyyyyyyyyy? ;)
    Also, this blue is the prettiest ever! Bailey rocks it all the time and I'm always like, I LOVE THIS! So now you're on that team as well. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure why it chipped so much, but it's a gorgeous color!

      Delete
  4. Great chip fixes! I have the worst time with chips! No matter what polish I use! Very pretty blue!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm used to tip wear, but chips are not usually a problem for me!

      Delete
  5. Cute nails! Great color!


    Carissa
    Lillies & Silk

    ReplyDelete