...

Friday, May 2, 2014

Rainy Days and April Birchbox

 Disclaimer:  I subscribe to Birchbox for $10/month.
Rainy Days was the theme of April's Birchbox and considering all the rain we got in the last few days, quite appropriate.  I don't think any of us were expecting what came our way, as the amount of water received is more than we usually get during hurricanes:
A rare and extreme weather pattern has produced obscene and devastating amounts of rainfall from Mobile, Alabama to Pensacola, Florida.  Up to 2 feet of rain fell in the last 24 hours in isolated locations in this region. (Source:  Washingtonpost.com)
Airport Blvd. in Mobile, AL (Source: nola.com)
St. Francis Street in downtown Mobile
I'm grateful we didn't get the tornadoes that others received, but this was pretty ridiculous.  People in Pensacola had to be rescued from their attics and rooftops, the water rose so quickly! 
Okay, back to what I received from Birchbox in April.  My favorite item so far is the Clarifying Shampoo from Number 4.  It's quite thick and you only have to use a small amount, plus I love the scent.  Sample value is $3.76.
I've received a few hair items from Number 4 now, and I've got to say they are solid.  I also received a foil packet of the Reconstructing Mask, but have yet to try it.
I also received a nail polish from Color Club in a pretty pale gold metallic shade called Gold Struck.  It's part of a 4 piece mini set inspired by the retro lacquers of the 70s and 80s, complete with a luxe pearl finish.  Sample value is $3.25.
The makeup item this month was a black eye pencil from Cynthia Rowley.  The quality appears to be quite good, as the swatch I did was an intense black that did not smudge.  I don't need another black eye pencil, but these do come in other colors so it's nice to know the quality is there.  Sample value is $8.
Representing skincare is a night time moisturizer from Derma e.   This contains Panthenol (aka Pro Vitamin B5) and hyaluronic acid to work together to draw moisture to the top layer of skin and bind it there, along with Vitamins E and C to repair damage and vitamin A to stimulate the production of collagen.  Sounds great, and the sample is a nice size so I should get a good feel for it once it enters my rotation.  Sample value is $7.38.
Last up was a food item, which was promptly eaten for breakfast as soon as I finished taking these pictures :-)  Sample value is $2.38.
Nice variety of products and the total value of my April Birchbox was about $25.  Not bad, and I'm glad the sun has finally come out!

No comments:

Post a Comment