...

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Sunday Modern Lip Color by Sunday Riley

Disclaimer:  I purchased this.
Sunday Lip Color by Sunday Riley is a sheer but buildable coral red with pink undertones, and I'm quite enamoured with it.  It's such a wearable red for me, and apparently Sunday Riley's founder signature lip color choice.  I can see why.
According to the description on Sephora, the Modern Lip Color formula
"uses a highly advanced pigment delivery system, which attaches high-impact pigments to soothing base molecules for long-lasting color. Vitamin C increases collagen levels and gives antioxidant protection to maintain youthful plumpness and repair the effects of UV exposure and other environmental damage while nourishing shea butter continuously hydrates the lips."

Interestingly, I see more than one negative review on Sephora's site, mainly complaining about how dry the lipstick is.   I did not find it drying and it feels emollient when I first apply, but neither would I call it a highly moisturizing formula in spite of it's 10% shea butter content.  It did not irritate my lips, however, which is a problem I have with some formulas.  I found it lightweight and comfortable to wear, with about a 3 hour wear time. 
The goldtone tube does pick up lots of fingerprints, but it's substantial without being heavy and closes with a satisfying snap.  The Modern Lip Colors are $32, and I picked mine up from Birchbox with some of my Birchbox dollars. 

4 comments:

  1. This is the first review I've seen of the brand! Love that rosy color!! It's a really great color for you

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The color surprised me - I was expecting it to lean more orange based on how it looked in the tube.

      Delete
  2. It looks somewhat like a sheer lip balm which makes it such a wearable color inspite on being red.. Wish it ws more moisturising though xx

    ReplyDelete