...

Monday, June 9, 2014

May Birchbox: Freewheeling

Disclaimer:  I purchased this.
May's Birchbox featured a super cool inner box design that matched the Kate Spade Saturday.com insert card, which was good for $25 off of a $75 purchase.  Kudos for the design aspects :-)
I also got some samples that I really liked, such as the Salt Scrub bon bon in Citrus Splash ($4.50) by Sumbody.  It really did leave my skin smooth and moisturized.  The downside was that it only lasted for about 3 uses, and a set of three is $13.50.  That wouldn't even last me a month.  Great travel item though!
My next favorite item is the Pixi Beauty Shea Butter Lip Balm in Coral Crush ($8).  It feels moisturizing, smells good, and provides a nice wash of color.  These must be popular, as I notice they are currently out of stock at Birchbox.
I've actually got a full sized version of the Cotz Face Natural Skin Tone SPF 40, but the samples sizes ($2.47) are nice for travel.  This works well for me as a primer/sunscreen and does provide that nice blurring effect.
I've yet to try the Votivo Candel Travel Tin ($8) in Azure Garden, but the scent notes sure do sound (and smell) nice: top notes of grass, blueberries, and grape hyacinth with floral scents, grounded in teakwood and vetiver.
Last up is a trio of Color Assure haircare samples from Nexxus.  I'm not buying into the whole primer for your hair concept.  Do I really need to protect my hair from water?  It's good to see that the shampoo is sulfate-free, at least. 
Overall, a nice month with an approximate value of $23.  Looking forward to June's box, which I should receive in the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment