...

Friday, August 22, 2014

Clinique's All About Shadow Quad in Olive in My Martini, At Dusk, Blushed, French Vanilla

Clinique reformulated their eyeshadow formula, which is a good thing in my book.  I wasn't a fan of the ones I've tried in the past, as I find them rather anemic in their color payoff and a bit pedestrian in shade offerings.  Well, they've amped up things quite nicely, IMO!
I do love how the plastic around each shadow matches, definitely an esthetically pleasing touch.  Olive in my Martini is a gorgeous khaki bronze, love the complexity of shimmer here. 
At Dusk is another favorite from the quad, as I love honey gold shadows.  Color payoff is great as well.
Blushed is a medium pink and I've now got two of them, as it was also in the GWP quad that I featured recently in a giveaway.  Again, good color payoff, and the color is softer when applied than it looks on the applicator.
French Vanilla is a matte cream and my lease favorite of the quad.  A decent brow highlighter, but it underwhelmed me overall.  It totally blends into my arm in the swatch below.
It's a nice compilation of shades, however, although I totally gravitated towards Olive in My Martini and At Dusk.
Above I'm wearing the eyeshadows paired with Plushest Punch Intense Moisturizing Chubby Stick (review here), as they came together in the Colour Cravings set ($39.50).  If you like the colors, this set is a good way to try several full sized Clinique products along with some deluxe travel items, at less than half their regular price of $93.50.  Clinique's shadow quads are $28, so everything else was $11.50 :-)
I gave my mom the Moisture Surge and she likes it enough she said she will buy another, so thumbs up on that.   I already love Clinique's mascara, although the sheer pink polish called Sweet Tooth doesn't interest me much.  Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised by it.

No comments:

Post a Comment