...

Thursday, September 11, 2014

Apricot Powder Blush by NYX

Having heard pretty good things about NYX powder blushes, I decided to try out a couple.  Of course I veer towards warm peach, coral, and pink colors, so I chose Apricot and Rose Garden as the ones to introduce me to the line.  Today I've got Apricot to show you.
To begin with, I like how these look with their quilted/raised squares.  The compacts are a bit bulky but look nice and feel sturdy enough.  Another plus is the cruelty free status of NYX, although there's been a bit of confusion on if they will remain cruelty free since they were acquired by L'oreal for a reported $500m+ in June.  There is a part of me that feels a bit sad when smaller companies are gobbled up by the big guys, but I guess that's how it goes.
Quality wise, Apricot is quite nice!  Pigmentation is about average, but color builds easily and never looks powdery or cakey.  Apricot will probably work best on light to medium complexions, and I think it's a great every day blush for those who like warm tones.  I like that there is no obvious sparkle yet it's not flat or chalky looking at all. 
At about $6 each and with frequent BOGO offers at Ulta, definitely a great bargain blush option!

No comments:

Post a Comment