...

Thursday, September 4, 2014

Current Skin Care Boosters I'm Using: Boscia Smoothing Facial Polish and Bright White Mask

If you are looking for a gentle exfoliant with natural ingredients, Boscia's Smoothing Facial Polish might be a good contender.  There's a whole slew of good for your skin ingredients in this baby, with no scratchy granules in sight.
Instead of sand like granules, I'd describe the little bits in this scrub as more cooked oatmeal like in a lightly lathering formula.  In fact, I was a bit skeptical initially due to the lack of scrubbing granules that I normally associate with facial exfoliators, but my skin feels soft, clean, cooled (yes, cooled), and refreshed after I use the Smoothing Facial Polish.  This is currently on sale for half off ($12.50) at Boscia.com, and I think it's well worth it!
I follow up the Smoothing Facial Polish with Boscia's Bright White Mask ($38), an antiaging mask designed to brighten, hydrate, and smooth the look of skin.  According to Sephora, these are some of the ingredients that help do that:
  • Sea Fern Algae: Helps in suppressing the synthesis of melanin and reduces the appearance of age spots and hyperpigmentation. 
  • Stay C-50: Brightens the skin, supports the natural production of collagen, helps in suppressing melanin production, and repairs the appearance of skin damage caused by UV radiation.
  • Matrixyl 3000: A peptide blend that fights the appearance of wrinkles and makes skin look more lifted. 
  • Salicornia: Hydrates and limits water loss.
It is indeed bright white, and has the added bonus of being a peel off mask.  I learned the hard way that a thin layer of the mask is almost impossible to peel off, so a thick layer is definitely the way to go.  Even then, it's a rather time consuming process as the mask peels off in smallish bits, so think "leisurely" when using this.
The peel is strong enough to remove small facial hairs, but not strong enough to extract blackheads (more's the pity, that would have been awesome).  Still, my skin looks smaller pored and smooth after I use this, without a doubt.  I've been using the scrub and mask together about once a week as a booster to my regular skincare regime, to good effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment