...

Thursday, October 2, 2014

Empties! Products I Finished (or Threw Out) in September

Lots of empties this month, mainly in the form of shampoo and conditioner.  I've gotten to the point where I rarely buy either, relying on samples I receive instead.
Fortunately, no duds in this bunch, although some stood out more than others.
I've liked everything I've tried from Davines thus far, and the Love Shampoo was no exception.  I got a Davines hair treatment mask in September's Birchbox, looking forward to trying it out.
Really enjoyed the N4 Clarifying Shampoo.  It's very thick and a little goes a long way, so it lasted me quite a while. 
The Beauty Protector Hair Treatment Mask was another favorite.  Interestingly, all of these were Birchbox samples, so I'd say they are doing a great job of introducing me haircare products I enjoy!
The DHC Head Oil is a long time favorite of mine (review here).  It's not an oil you put on after shampooing to condition/protect hair, but one you use before to remove product buildup.  Every time I order from DHC I get more sample packets.
The Body Shop Body Butter was a good non-scented lotion for days when I didn't want my lotion to conflict with my perfume.  It's not my favorite body butter, but it does get the job done.  Josie Maran's Argan Daily Moisturizer SPF40 is my weekend, no-makeup wearing, walk the the dog SPF.  It's a bit too dewy for my oily skin when I'm wearing makeup, but I do like it and this is my second deluxe sample size empty of it.
Sadly, more than a few products hit there expiration date, which I judge more by my nose than anything else.  I was most saddened by two of these:  Pure Fiji's Coconut Milk and Honey body lotion, and African Botanic's Marula Oil.  The Pure Fiji is probably 4 years old so it's definitely past it's prime, and I made it two thirds towards the finish line.    The Marula Oil, however, had a different issue.  Something appears to be growing in it.  Considering I never used it, and actually discovered the issue when I pulled it to start using, not sure what the culprit is.
The Josie Maran Lip & Cheek Color Sticks (review here) are 2.5 years old, and considering their natural ingredients and lack of preservatives, it's no great surprise they had gone bad.   Sigh, the hazards of beauty product over consumption.

I've put myself on a lip product no-buy after inventorying everything I have.  I plan on powering through some selected items and practicing self-restraint regarding all the lovely holiday lip sets I'm seeing.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment