...

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Big Apple Tinted Lip Balm by Cailyn Cosmetics

Disclaimer:  I won this in a contest.
First of all, "tinted lip balm" is a bit of a misnomer for this highly pigmented lip color.  Lip balm to me evokes images of something that is emollient and moisturizing, which I did not find with Big Apple.  What I did find was an easy to wear, superbly pigmented, weightless, long wearing ruby red lip color.
The brush pulls out of the top of the container, and while small, works well to both line and fill the lips.  The texture of Big Apple is rather dense/stiff without being heavy, and is formulated with color stabilized pigments for long lasting wear.  Big Apple does leave behind a stain, and the arm swatch has been hanging in there for almost 3 days now.  That's after a shower.  Impressive.
You can go from a sheer wash of color to full on intensity with Big Apple.  I'll all about matte finishes these days, and this one was smooth and did not emphasize my lip lines.  It feels dry on but I did not notice it adversely affecting my lips, but then again I did not wear it for multiple days in a row.  I definitely would not call it moisturizing, however.
Lighter application
 I liked Big Apple ($19) enough that I got another one in, you guessed it, coral:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment