...

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Deep Forest Color Tattoo 24/7 Cream Eyeshadow by Maybelline

I've made no secret of my love for the Maybelline 24/7 Color Tattoo cream eyeshadows, but some work better than others.  From the Leather series, Cream Beige is my absolute favorite (review here).  I'd rank Deep Forest as more of a mid to low tier performer. 
I've also got an issue with the name, as this does not evoke a dark green, which is what I think of with "Deep Forest".  This is more of a grunge green, which could have spawned a whole range of creative names.  Oh well, missed opportunities on a couple of levels here.
I actually like the grungy green color, but did find it a bit difficult to get smooth color with Deep Forest.  It worked best for me as a base color for powder shadows, as I could fill in any patchiness.  I apply it with my finger, and you can see even in the arm swatch that it's not smooth color :-/  You can build up color intensity with a flat synthetic brush, but I still don't find it as smooth as I'd like.
So, I go with a more sheer application as a base shade or as an eyeliner, and it's workable.  Here I'm using the Sephora + Pantone Universe Daybreak Full Spectrum eyeshadow palette (review here) with Deep Forest as an eyeliner.
Below, I'm using Deep Forest as a base shadow on the first third of my lid and on the lower lash line, topped lightly with Lancome's Electrifying Sparkle Color Design Infinite Shadow (review here). 

No comments:

Post a Comment