...

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

December Birchbox: Decked Out x2

Disclaimer:  I purchased these.
My yearly Birchbox subscription was up for renewal in December, and I took advantage of a code that allowed me to get a new subscription at a significant discount.  Consequently, I've got two boxes to show you this month.  Fortunately, there was only 1 product overlap, and it's one that I'm quite happy to have two of.
One of the downsides of cancelling my original account was that I was a Birchbox Ace, which allowed me to chose one item from among selected products each month.  My choice this month was the Vasanti eye pencil in Rose Gold ($13.50).  Lovely color and formula, I like.
The Rusk Texture Dry Finishing Spray ($7) was the item I received in each box, which is perfect for me.  I've got three sprays in rotation at the moment, and I'm not quite happy with any of them (too stiff, too smelly, not enough hold respectively), so maybe this one will be just right :-)
The SeaRx Anti-Wrinkle Serum ($4?) is a new to me product, and I'm always open to a good serum.  Containing aloe, hyaluronic acid, and Dead Sea minerals, this one is supposed to be good for thinning, crepe-y skin.  Sigh.  I could, possibly, fit into that demographic.
I was prepared to not be impressed with the Acure Lip Lush in Date Worthy, but I am.  It's light and non-sticky but moisturizing, no doubt due to an impressive list of natural/organic ingredients.  The generously sized tube is only $7.99.  Impressive.



















Last up is the Black Label Detox BB Cream by Dr. Jart+ ($3.60).  Containing Arbutin to brighten and even out skin tone, green tea and aloe vera to soothe irritation, caviar extract to promote collagen production, and titanium dioxide and zinc oxide to provide broad spectrum UVA and UVB protection, it should cover all the bases. 
After I signed up for the new Birchbox account, I realized that it was like resetting the clock, in that I would receive products I may have already gotten in the past.  C'est la vie, in general I've been happy with the products I've received, so potential repeats should not be a  hardship.   The Amika Nourishing Mask ($4) falls into that category, as I've enjoyed all of the Amika products I've received thus far.
The Tocca Cleopatra Hand Cream ($6.40) was one of the items I could have chosen for my Birchbox Ace account, and I like the cucumber and grapefruit scent, although it's not my favorite of the Tocca scents I've tried.
The Lord & Berry Paillettes eye pencil in Starry Night ($4.50) is pretty, but I don't have high high hopes for the formula.  Based on my arm swatch it wipes off fairly easily, and I'm guessing it will smear on my oily lids.  It also took a few passes to build up color.
The item I was most excited to receive in this box was the full sized Mirenesse Mattfinity Lip Rouge in New York ($29).  I'm all about matte lips these days, and this vibrant coral red is a gorgeous color.
The value of box 1 was $36.09, and box 2 was $50.90.  I'm quite pleased with both boxes and look forward to trying everything out!

No comments:

Post a Comment