...

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Peau Vierge Anti-Aging Complexe SPF 18 in Shade 2 by Le Métier de Beauté

Way back in September, I received Le Métier de Beauté's Peau Vierge Anti-Aging Complexe SPF 18 as part of the VIP subscription service.  At $175 for a 2 oz. tube, this is quite the luxury item, and I was thrilled to try something that promises both short and long term benefits for your skin.
The patented delivery system Syntoc Actif aids in the delivery of key ingredients, including retinol, to smooth lines, refine texture and even skin tone.  The SPF 18 also protects the complexion, while light-diffusing pigments help give skin a smooth and natural-looking finish.  I doubt I use enough to get the sun protection benefits, as I usually combine only about a pea-sized amount with my foundation choice of the day.  But, that added SPF boost is always welcomed.
The black tube is actually the new packaging, and is twice the size of the previous silver pump bottle  that was $125.  So, you are getting a better deal, albeit at a higher price point upfront.
There are 3 shade selections, and I received shade 2, which is described as a true, neutral beige.  However, these are sheer enough to be very forgiving when it comes to skin tone.  I'm not sure if shade 1 is even available in the newer packaging, although I still see it online in the older packaging.
Click to enlarge and see shimmer better
I find that Peau Vierge provides a fair amount of "glow", which is why I like mixing it with my foundation.  It is hard for me to determine the skincare benefits, but I do like the idea of having a daytime retinol product in the mix.  Since I only use a pea-sized amount I'm sure the tube will last a very long time, which is good considering how pricey it is.
Wearing Peau Vierge Shade 2 mixed with Supergoop CC Cream
Overall, I like Peau Vierge but I'm not sure if I like it enough to splurge when I run out.  That's a ways off, however, and I could become quite the devotee by then :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment