...

Friday, March 6, 2015

February Birchbox: You Had Me at Hello

Disclaimer:  I purchased this.
My February Birchbox was a winner, with nary a dud in sight.  I guess you could say it 'had me at hello', but wait, that would actually be the Harvey Prince Hello sample ($2.20). 
I'm not normally a Harvey Prince perfume fan, but Hello is hitting me right.  I like citrus-based scents, and Hello's blend of Meyer lemon, mandarin, grapefruit, forsythia, and plumeria is a nice reminder of spring's imminent arrival. 

The Italian brand Davine's Minu shampoo ($7.50) and hair serum (.94 cents) samples for color treated hair are making my hair soft and shiny and I like the soft citrus scent.  Gentle surfactants are supposed to cleanse without striping hair of color, and the hair serum with it's caper blossom extract amps up shine.  I like this duo.

I could have sworn I've used Coola's unscented mineral-based sunscreen ($3.60)  before, but if I did, the tube is long gone.  I do like the natural ingredient (70%) based formula, and the fact that this mattifies, making it ideal for my oily skin.  It will make a good primer/sunscreen for days when I use a low SPF foundation.
Last up is Benefit's new Roller Lash deluxe sample ($8), which I really like and have already done a full review of here.  That brings the total of my February Birchbox to $22.24.  The March box should be here in another week or so, and I continue to be a happy Birchbox camper.

No comments:

Post a Comment