...

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

NYX Wicked Lippie in Power

Disclaimer:  I purchased this.
NYX is fast becoming my favorite brand for when I want to play with experimental colors without putting a major dent in my wallet.  I also have to give props to NYX for coming out with collections featuring interesting colors and finishes, as evidenced by the Wicked Lippies with their metallic finish and less than traditional colors.  I picked up two, and I'll be showing Power today.
Power is a wine colored metallic shimmer, and probably too dark for me to carry off convincingly.  The formula is quite nice, with color building easily and smoothly.
I think of Power as the kind of color that is best worn in the winter, which reminded me I better pull it out before the weather warms up and I move on to lighter, brighter shades.
While metallic/frosts are not always the easiest finish to pull off, I thought it worked rather well with Power.  I paired it with my go to eye color for when I want a neutral that works with almost anything - taupe.  Blush is the Romeo & Juliet Blush Bronzer Duo, review here.
The Wicked Lippies are about $6 and I purchased mine at Ulta.

No comments:

Post a Comment