...

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Spring 2015 FabFitFun Box

Disclaimer:  I purchased this.
I've treated myself to a year's subscription of the FabFitFun subscription service, and was quite curious to see if I'd regret this impulse buy or not.  The Spring box did feature several spoilers, including a choice between the two scarf designs offered, so I wasn't going into it completely blind.  Now that I've had a while to play with the items, here are my thoughts.
 









I enjoy exercise DVDs, specifically yoga and Pilates, so was quite happy with the 3 disk Pilates dvd from Merrithew ($35.95).  Each disc features a different challenge level, with disc one being relatively easy and disc 2 challenging enough (for me) that I've yet to try disc 3.  Also included in the box was a $25 Merrithew gift card.  I used it to buy a yoga dvd and yoga block.  I thought the shipping charges were ridiculous (about $13), so the gift card is really more about offsetting the shipping charges, but it's still something.
 
The two Orly nail polishes were initially not that exciting to me, but after using them I'm more enamored.  Cake Pop ($8.50) is an almost white pink cream, whereas the BB Creme ($15) is a clear peach tint that is supposed to mimic the look of natural nails.  I thought the BB Creme did indeed look like nicely buffed nails, natural but with a waxy sheen that set it apart from just a clear topcoat kind of product.  The BB Creme is meant to be used on it's on, not as either a base or top coat, and I think it will appeal to those who prefer a natural, but enhanced, nail look.
The Bon Voyage Coaster Set from Rifle Paper Co. ($16) is a nice touch of retro chic, featuring vignettes of Tokyo, New York, Paris, and London.  I've been using them in my office, where they come in handy for my breakfast smoothies and subsequent iced-coffees.
I chose the Jules Smith Watercolor Scarf ($42) over the Modern Art version (see here).  Made of lightweight cotton viscose, it's definitely something that can be worn during warm weather and I wore it at my family's Easter get together, which we held the week before Easter to accommodate out-of-towners.  My dog Lulu then wore it for our Easter Egg hunt/birthday party.  That's putting it to good use:-)
The other spoiler were two Ofra brushes, brush #11 for eyeshadow and brush #20 for foundation application ($45 for both).  Made from Capra (goat) and natural hair, these brushes are 100% cruelty free.  I've come to appreciate investing in good makeup brushes, and these seem nice. 
The Palmetto Derma Collagen Booster and Restoration Serum ($48) is an item that's got me excited, as I love a good serum.  This one is clear and slightly thicker than water.  It absorbs quickly into the skin and plays nicely with both moisturizers and foundations.  Crossing my fingers that it does indeed increase the collagen levels in my skin.
I've planted this baby and am eagerly awaiting some basil sprouts.  It's supposed to rain every day this week (boo), but on the plus side, that's probably good for growing green things.
The Bling Tattoos ($22) are the one item I've yet to try.  I'm guessing these were substituted for the advertised Yasi tattoos ($36), but both prices seem rather arbitrary to me, so, there ya go.  I do want to try them, perhaps I'll decorate my feet :-)
The Cosmos Creations Salted Caramel Premium Puffed Corn ($1.49) were yummy, and I loved that they did not contain kernels.  Just yummy.  Also included in the Spring box were two other gift cards which I will not be using:  Vow to be Chic ($125) and Hello Fresh $40 off first week of delivery.   Overall, I'm enjoying my first FabFitFun box (total value ~$270), and look forward to more!

No comments:

Post a Comment