...

Monday, May 25, 2015

Empties! Products I Used up in April

I thought I should post my empties for April before May was gone, so here they are, with highlights of my favorites!  There were actually quite a few more foil packets used up due to my trip in late April, but I elected to not carry the empties back with me.  The foils shown above are:
  • Nuxe Reve de Miel Body Cream:  I enjoyed this - it has a nice scent (honey and sunflower oil are featured ingredients) and did a good job of moisturizing my legs.   I would purchase a full size at $24.
  • Algenist Eye Renewal Balm:  featuring ingredients like Alguronic Acid combined with vitamin C, caffeine, cucumber, aloe and green tea extracts, this is a nice eye cream.  Pricey at $65 though, and I wasn't wowed enough to pony up at that price.
  • LA Fresh Oil-Free Face Cleanser:  this wet wipe type cleanser is 99.25% natural and paraben free, and I thought it did a good job of refreshing and degreasing my skin on a weekend no makeup day, which is when I typically use cleansing towelettes.  I'd consider these, for sure.
  • Hourglass Immaculate Liquid Powder foundation in Nude:  having this sample reminded me that I actually have a full sized bottle that I've been neglecting, albeit in a different shade (Sand).   Bottom line, probably the best matte liquid foundation I've tried.  Here's the weird thing, though:  swatched side by side Nude and Sand look exactly the same to me.  Tell me if I'm wrong:
Wearing Hourglass Immaculate Liquid Powder in Nude
  • Weleda Sea Buckthorn body lotion:  Eh.  A decent, lightweight body lotion that features a natural ingredient list.
Deluse and full-sized products used up in April were:
  • LaLicious Vanilla body butter:  loved both the scent and formula of this one.  Sadly, LaLicious seems to have changed formula recently (I know the packaging has, and my mother swears that the Sugar Kiss version no longer has the long lasting scent she enjoyed).
  • Josie Maran Be Spirited Sweet Citrus hand cream:  part of the Hand Healers set (review here), I liked this but not enough to seek out a full-sized version, although I think this was a limited edition scent anyhow.
  • Farmhouse Fresh One Fine Day Flawless Face Polish (full review here):  holy grail facial scrub for me here.  Initially I thought the formula would be too rich for me to use year round, but I was wrong.  LOVE this stuff, need to get another jar.
  • Dead Sexy by Shea Butter Lotion by TokyoMilk (full review here):   featuring notes of deep vanilla, exotic wood, white orchid, and ebony, I enjoyed using this as my nighttime hand lotion.  Nice.
  • Clarin's Toning Lotion with Camomile:  the dry skin version of Clarin's alcohol free toner, it did a nice job of cleaning without stripping my skin.  I'm using the oily skinned version now that my skin is in oil hyper drive brought on by the warmer weather.
  • Posie Balm by Benetint (review here):  I liked Posie Balm more than I was expecting to, but have more than enough lip balms in my life at the moment.
  • Firming Eye Serum by Reviva Labs:  I thought the texture and feel of this serum was lovely.  The generous size and natural-based ingredient list meant the expiration date came before I was finished, so I used it generously on my hands as well.  I'd repurchase, especially at it's uber reasonable prince of around $19.  I've seen it on sale online for as little as $8.

It will only be a few more days until it's time to post May's empties, so I'm glad I finally got these posted :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment